Disruptions for schools rugby league program

Fiji National Rugby League chief executive officer Don Natabe during a press conference at the Fiji National Rugby League office in Suva on Wednesday, November 18, 2020. Picture: JONACANI LALAKOBAU

FIJI National Rugby League acting chief executive officer Don Natabe said the COVID-19 situation had been a disruption in momentum for our top secondary schools rugby league players.

“After a successful Fiji secondary schools rugby league final, we had selected a number of outstanding athletes to participate in the league of legends program that was to run over the first term break,” Natabe said.

“Unfortunately this was also shelved in respect of the current regulations.”

Natabe said they had planned a grand start to the newly introduced development program for our young athletes.

“It would have been great to have started good and well but, again somethings are just bigger.”

Natabe said they were looking forward to when sports would restart before they finalised the next session.

“We’ll have to see how we go on when the next possible session for our young players will be, but as always we await government’s green light before we go forward,” Natabe said.

More Stories